Western New York is known for its flash flood warnings, whether it’s from bad storms or the result of several feet of snow melting. Water can be extremely damaging to your residential or commercial property. It can leave behind rot, structural damage, mold growth, and more.
If you have experienced damage from water, here are some tips of what to do immediately:
- Turn off your power
- Do your best to control the water leak
- Call your plumber immediately
Here a few tips to prevent damage:
- Be careful where you put plants and trees
- Make sure your roof gutters are cleaned out
- Keep an eye on your water bill
- Use a drain snake instead of chemicals to unclog drains
If your property has been affected by water, turn to the professionals at Disaster Relief.
Disaster Relief can handle a variety of water-related disasters.
We will come to your property as quickly as possible to remove excess water from your space and to start drying your floors, walls, furniture, and other affected areas and possessions. Once the area is thoroughly dried out, we will check for any mold growth and make sure your property is ready to be used once again. Contact us today to schedule your water and flood damage services.
Protect Your Property
Important safety warnings:
- Do not use a vacuum to remove the water.
- Do not use electrical appliances in water-affected areas.
- Do not go into affected areas if the electricity is still on.
- Do not eat food exposed to fire or smoke.
- Do not touch anything.
- Do not attempt to lift tacked-down carpet.
- Call for professional help right away.